Prototype Machining Baton Rouge, LA
Prototype machining Baton Rouge, LA. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To get it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Baton Rouge that can not only bring your designs to life, but have specialists at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a number of businesses. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our contract manufacturers are prepared to help in your product development goals.
Prototype Services Baton Rouge
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is dedicated to ensuring your product development efforts go smoothly, which is why we painstakingly oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For instance, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is an advantageous process that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Identifying and correcting potentially expensive design defects before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Baton Rouge saves money, time, and hassle by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process can help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
Many Baton Rouge, LA industries have recognized the benefits of prototype machining and use it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a sizable number of companies, of all sizes, to realize their prototype manufacturing goals. We have worked with the following Baton Rouge, LA industries and more develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the widespread adoption of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as quickly as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool partners with Baton Rouge, LA automotive manufacturers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in several different materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- Baton Rouge, LA oil and energy firms have notable demands for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the rigors of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson answers these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Baton Rouge, LA medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: after all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to market is truly a matter of life and death. In addition, medical parts are often quite small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in a large number of cases using rare metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. As well, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are ready to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our LA machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple LA industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of specialists can help you identify flaws in your product, suggest design and technical improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Baton Rouge, LA end product while reducing your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Baton Rouge, LA
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, trimming away bits from a piece of raw material in order to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can produce flawless, quick parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is ideal for getting products to market faster.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools are able to work with practically any machinable material, which includes many varieties of plastic substrates and metals. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Baton Rouge, LA | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.