Prototype Machining Fort Worth, TX
Prototype machining Fort Worth, TX. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To do it right the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Fort Worth that can not only bring your designs to life, but have specialists on staff that can also make revisions to the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a variety of industries. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our contract manufacturers are ready to help in your product development initiatives.
Prototype Services Fort Worth
We have a large factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we carefully oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is Prototyping?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial process that is used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and repairing potentially costly design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the entire production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Fort Worth saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process may help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
What Fort Worth, TX Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Multiple Fort Worth, TX industries have recognized the advantages of prototype machining and utilize it to reduce the chance of disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a notable number of companies, both large and small, to meet their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have worked with the following Fort Worth, TX industries and more develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the advent of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool works with Fort Worth, TX automotive manufacturers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- Fort Worth, TX oil and energy firms have special demands for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the heavy pressure of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson responds to these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The Fort Worth, TX medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: after all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to market is quite literally a matter of life and death. As well, medical parts are often very small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly fabricate medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in a large number of cases using exotic metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are ready to tackle the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our TX machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple TX industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of specialists can help you identify flaws in your product, suggest design and reliability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Fort Worth, TX finished product while lowering your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Fort Worth, TX
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, shaving away bits from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can produce quick, flawless parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, such as:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely accurate and precise in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is ideal for getting products to market quickly.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools are able to work with virtually any machinable material, which includes many kinds of plastic substrates and metals. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Fort Worth, TX | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.