Prototype Machining Lincoln, NE
Prototype machining Lincoln, NE. Creating a prototype is not just the first step, but probably one of the most important in the manufacturing process. To get it correctly the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Lincoln that can not just make your designs come alive, but have specialists on staff that can also help refine the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping for a number of industries. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to support your product development initiatives.
Prototype Services Lincoln
We have an expansive factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development efforts go off without a hitch, which is why we meticulously oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For example, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is an advantageous technique that can be used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Exhibiting the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Identifying and correcting potentially expensive design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Lincoln saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process can help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
What Lincoln, NE Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Many Lincoln, NE industries have recognized the advantages of prototype machining and use it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a sizable number of companies, both large and small, to realize their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have worked with the following Lincoln, NE industries and others develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry needs new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool works with Lincoln, NE automotive suppliers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Lincoln, NE oil and energy firms have special requirements for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the rigors of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson responds to these demands by specializing in machining prototypes using exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The Lincoln, NE medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: above all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to end users is quite literally the difference between life and death. Moreover, medical parts are often very small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly fabricate medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in a large number of cases using specialized metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. As well, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are ready to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our NE machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple NE industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, propose design and technical improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Lincoln, NE finished product while lowering your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Lincoln, NE
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, shaving away bits from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make quick, flawless parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, such as:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is invaluable towards getting the end-results to market quickly.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools are able to work with virtually any machinable material, which includes many types of plastic substrates and metals. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Lincoln, NE | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.