Prototype Machining in Indiana | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in Indiana. From idea to shelf, prototyping is the first step to creating products primed for mass-production. To get it correctly the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Indiana that can not just bring your designs to life, but have engineers at the ready that can also help refine the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping for a variety of businesses. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are prepared to support your product development goals.
Prototype Services Indiana
We have a large factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we painstakingly oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is Prototyping?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It is often used for engineer testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part swiftly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is an advantageous process that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and correcting potentially expensive design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Indiana saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process can help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
What Indiana Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Multiple Indiana industries are well aware of the advantages of prototype machining and use it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a large number of companies, big and small, to meet their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have assisted the following Indiana industries and others develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the advent of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool partners with Indiana automotive firms as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in several different materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Oil and energy firms have unique demands for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the heavy pressure of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson answers these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Indiana medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: above all, preventing defective parts from making it to end users is truly the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often quite small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using specialized metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. As well, the special pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are eager to take on the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified Indiana machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This history of prototype manufacturing for multiple Indiana industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of engineers and machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, suggest design and usability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Indiana end product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Indiana
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, shaving away portions from a piece of raw material in order to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, such as:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very precise and accurate in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is ideal for getting the end-results to market faster.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools can work on virtually any machinable material, which includes many kinds of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate tools and dies, which helps diminish the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Indiana | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for prototyping, engineering, and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.