Prototype Machining Phoenix, AZ
Prototype machining Phoenix, AZ. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To do it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Phoenix that can not just bring your designs to life, but have specialists on staff that can also help refine the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping in a number of industries. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are prepared to help in your product development goals.
Phoenix Prototype Services
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is dedicated to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we carefully oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is Prototyping?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For example, many businesses turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is an advantageous process that can be used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Identifying and correcting potentially expensive design flaws before reaching market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Phoenix saves money, time, and hassle by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
What Phoenix, AZ Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Many Phoenix, AZ industries are cognizant of the advantages of prototype machining and use it to reduce potential disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a large number of companies, both large and small, to realize their prototype manufacturing goals. We have assisted the following Phoenix, AZ industries and others develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the advent of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool partners with Phoenix, AZ automotive manufacturers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to produce prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Phoenix, AZ oil and energy firms have notable requirements for prototypes: they must be built to withstand the rigors of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson meets these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The Phoenix, AZ medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: above all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to consumers is truly the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often quite small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly fabricate medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in a majority of cases using rare metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts built to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are ready to tackle the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our AZ machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This history of prototype manufacturing for multiple AZ industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of specialists can help you identify flaws in your product, suggest design and usability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Phoenix, AZ finished product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Phoenix, AZ
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, trimming away portions from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make quick, flawless parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, including:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very accurate and precise in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is invaluable towards getting the end-results to market faster.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on practically any material that is machinable, which includes many kinds of metal and plastic substrates. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate tools and dies, which helps diminish the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Phoenix, AZ | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.