Prototype Machining Fresno, CA
Prototype machining Fresno, CA. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To get it right the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Fresno that can not just make your designs come alive, but have specialists at the ready that can also help refine the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a number of industries. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are prepared to support your product development initiatives.
Fresno Prototype Services
We have a large factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development efforts go off without a hitch, which is why we carefully oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is a Prototype?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For example, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is an advantageous technique that is used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and correcting potentially expensive design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Fresno saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process can help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
A large number of Fresno, CA industries are cognizant of the benefits of prototype machining and use it to reduce potential disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a sizable number of companies, both large and small, to achieve their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have worked with the following Fresno, CA industries and others develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the advent of “just-in-time” manufacturing, the automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as quickly as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool partners with Fresno, CA automotive suppliers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to build prototype parts in several different materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- Fresno, CA oil and energy firms have special demands for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the rigors of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson responds to these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Fresno, CA medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: above all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to consumers is quite literally the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often extremely small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly fabricate medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using exotic metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. As well, the special pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are ready to tackle the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our CA machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple CA industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of specialists can help you identify flaws in your product, suggest design and usability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Fresno, CA end product while lowering your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Fresno, CA
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, trimming away bits from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make quick, flawless parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, including:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very precise and accurate in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is ideal for getting products to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools are able to work with practically any machinable material, which includes many varieties of metal and plastic substrates. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate tools and dies, which helps reduce the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Fresno, CA | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.