Prototype Machining Des Moines, IA
Prototype machining Des Moines, IA. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To get it right the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Des Moines that can not only bring your designs to life, but have specialists at the ready that can also help refine the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a variety of industries. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our contract manufacturers are prepared to help in your product development goals.
Des Moines Prototype Services
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development efforts go off without a hitch, which is why we painstakingly oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is Prototyping?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is an advantageous technique that is used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Demonstrating the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and fixing potentially expensive design defects before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Des Moines saves money, time, and hassle by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process can help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
A large number of Des Moines, IA industries are cognizant of the advantages of prototype machining and utilize it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a sizable number of companies, big and small, to meet their prototype manufacturing needs. We have assisted the following Des Moines, IA industries and others develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the advent of “just-in-time” manufacturing, the automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as quickly as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool contracts with Des Moines, IA automotive suppliers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to produce prototype parts in several different materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Des Moines, IA oil and energy firms have unique demands for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the rigors of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson meets these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The Des Moines, IA medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: above all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to end users is truly a matter of life and death. In addition, medical parts are often very small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly fabricate medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using rare metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the special pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are eager to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our IA machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple IA industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our highly-trained team of specialists can help you identify flaws in your product, suggest design and technical improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Des Moines, IA end product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Des Moines, IA
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, cutting away bits from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can produce quick, flawless parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, such as:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is ideal for getting products to market faster.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools are able to work with virtually any material that is machinable, which includes many varieties of metal and plastic substrates. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps reduce the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Des Moines, IA | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.