Prototype Machining Reno, NV
Prototype machining Reno, NV. Prototyping is the first and most important step in an end-product’s journey from idea to shelf. To do it right the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Reno that can not only bring your designs to life, but have specialists on staff that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a number of businesses. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our contract manufacturers are ready to help in your product development goals.
Reno Prototype Services
We have a large factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we carefully oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is Prototyping?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For instance, many businesses turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part quickly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial practice that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Identifying and fixing potentially expensive design defects before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Reno saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process may help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Reno, NV?
A large number of Reno, NV industries have recognized the advantages of prototype machining and utilize it to reduce the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a large number of companies, both large and small, to achieve their prototype manufacturing needs. We have helped the following Reno, NV industries and others develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the popularity of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool partners with Reno, NV automotive suppliers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in several different materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Reno, NV oil and energy firms have special demands for prototypes: they must be built to withstand the rigors of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson responds to these demands by specializing in machining prototypes using exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The Reno, NV medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: above all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to market is truly the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often extremely small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using specialized metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. As well, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts built to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are eager to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our NV machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This history of prototype manufacturing for multiple NV industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, propose design and reliability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Reno, NV end product while reducing your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Reno, NV
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, shaving away bits from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can produce flawless, quick parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely accurate and precise in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is invaluable towards getting products to market quickly.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools are able to work with practically any machinable material, which includes many varieties of metal and plastic substrates. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps reduce the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Reno, NV | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.