Prototype Machining Jersey City, NJ
Prototype machining Jersey City, NJ. Creating a prototype is not just the first step, but probably one of the most important in the manufacturing process. To do it right the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Jersey City that can not only bring your designs to life, but have specialists on staff that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping in a number of industries. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are prepared to help in your product development initiatives.
Jersey City Prototype Services
We have a large factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we painstakingly oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is Prototyping?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part swiftly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is an advantageous practice that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and fixing potentially expensive design defects before reaching market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Jersey City saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process can help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Jersey City, NJ?
A large number of Jersey City, NJ industries are well aware of the benefits of prototype machining and use it to reduce potential disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a sizable number of companies, big and small, to meet their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have worked with the following Jersey City, NJ industries and others develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the of “just-in-time” manufacturing, the automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as quickly as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool contracts with Jersey City, NJ automotive firms ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to produce prototype parts in several different materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Jersey City, NJ oil and energy firms have special demands for prototypes: they must be built to withstand the heavy pressure of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson answers these demands by specializing in machining prototypes using exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The Jersey City, NJ medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: above all, preventing defective parts from making it to market is quite literally a matter of life and death. In addition, medical parts are often quite small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using exotic metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are eager to take on the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our NJ machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple NJ industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, propose design and reliability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Jersey City, NJ finished product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Jersey City, NJ
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, trimming away bits from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can produce quick, flawless parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is invaluable towards getting products to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools are able to work with virtually any material that is machinable, which includes many varieties of metal and plastic substrates. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Jersey City, NJ | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.