Prototype Machining St. Peters, MO
Prototype machining St. Peters, MO. Prototyping is the first and most important step in an end-product’s journey from idea to shelf. To do it correctly the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in St. Peters that can not just bring your designs to life, but have specialists on staff that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping in a number of businesses. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our contract manufacturers are ready to help in your product development initiatives.
St. Peters Prototype Services
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is dedicated to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we painstakingly oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For example, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part quickly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is an advantageous process that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and repairing potentially costly design defects before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
In general, rapid prototyping in St. Peters saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In St. Peters, MO?
A large number of St. Peters, MO industries are cognizant of the advantages of prototype machining and utilize it to limit potential disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a large number of companies, of all sizes, to achieve their prototype manufacturing needs. We have assisted the following St. Peters, MO industries and more develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the advent of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as quickly as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool works with St. Peters, MO automotive suppliers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to produce prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- St. Peters, MO oil and energy firms have special requirements for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the rigors of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson responds to these demands by excelling in machining prototypes using exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The St. Peters, MO medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: above all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to end users is truly the difference between life and death. Moreover, medical parts are often very small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly fabricate medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using exotic metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the special pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts built to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are eager to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our MO machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple MO industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of specialists can help you recognize flaws in your product, suggest design and technical improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your St. Peters, MO finished product while reducing your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in St. Peters, MO
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, trimming away bits from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can produce flawless, quick parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, such as:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very accurate and precise in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is ideal for getting the end-results to market quickly.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools are able to work with virtually any material that is machinable, which includes many types of metal and plastic substrates. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps reduce the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me St. Peters, MO | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.