CNC turning. As a leading manufacturer of precision-machined parts and products across the country, the CNC turning services at Roberson Machine Company stand out as a pivotal technology. This allows us to deliver not just faster components, but more accurate and impeccable results every time, separating ourselves from competitors.
With thousands of square feet to house CNC turning centers, lathes, and the most cutting-edge CNC machining technologies, we have the capacity to turn out ten or tens of thousands of identical components in a short amount of time, even with the most demanding specifications. Our quality management system allows us to complete each project – from prototyping all the way to shipping – in the most efficient manner possible.
Let us handle your short, medium, and long-run productions, as well as all of your other manufacturing needs. To discuss your CNC turning project in more detail or to find out about partnering with Roberson Machine Company, give us call as soon as possible at 573-646-3996 or contact us online for a free quote.
CNC Turning at Roberson Machine Company
CNC turning is a subtractive manufacturing process where, controlled by CAD and CAM software inputted by our experts, a CNC lathe removes material from a rotating workpiece to achieve precise shapes and dimensions. This automation allows us to create complex geometries with unparalleled accuracy.
Our partners come to us for CNC turning projects rooted in a variety of materials – metals, alloys, plastics, composites, and other polymers. We specialize in horizontal CNC turning, which is an intricate, rapid method of creating custom machinery for many different applications.
Our premier turning services include:
- Hard turning
- Long turning up to 48 inches in length
- Tight tolerances
- Short lead times
Lathe Machine vs. Turning Center
We have both CNC lathes and CNC turning centers on our factory floor which gives us the capability to manufacture any type of part you need. However, there are key differences between both:
Our lathe machines have two axes (an X and Z axis), one spindle, and can be flat-bed type, making them generally simpler machines.
Our CNC turning centers can have multi axis machining – 3, 4, or even 5 axis machining (including a Y axis) – as well as sub-spindles and multiple turrets. They are commonly slant-bed type and have full-machine enclosures to keep coolant splashes and chips inside the machine. These types of machines may be able to provide more versatile capabilities and applications, such as turning, drilling, tapping, and milling. Also, because they are completely automated, a turning center can move on all axes simultaneously and with great precision.
A turning center can come in both horizontal and vertical structures, with horizontal being the most common for a number of reasons. In these types of applications, the spindle is horizontally-oriented and tools are mounted out of the side of the tool holder which cut across the workpiece. Gravity causes the metal chips to fall to the bed below, which keeps the piece clean during cutting.
Key Advantages of CNC Turning at Roberson Machine Company
CNC turning is a process that “turns” the workpiece while metal is shaved away in a quick series of motions, allowing us to produce a large number of well-finished, identical components in a short period of time. Using a manufacturing technology that dates back to the Egyptians, a bar of material is held on a chuck that rotates at a high speed while a single-point tool cuts into it to create the desired end shape.
CNC turning works best in these situations:
- Your part has diameters or is round, tubular, or cylindrical in shape
- You have a large volume of parts
- You are under strict time restraints
- You need free range of motion to make everything from straightforward to complex designs
- You want each piece to conform to the same precise specifications
The Benefits of Choosing Roberson Machine Company Include:
- Precision Machining: CNC turning ensures exceptional precision, meeting tight tolerances and intricate design specifications. The automated nature of CNC turning at our shop eliminates the variability associated with manual processes, leading to consistent and high-quality outcomes.
- Complex Geometries: Our CNC turning services are adept at producing complex shapes, intricate patterns, and contoured surfaces. This capability is crucial in industries where precision is non-negotiable. Call us now at 573-646-3996 or reach out to us online.
- Efficiency and Speed: The automated nature of CNC turning at Roberson Machine Company significantly reduces production time. Our multiple axes of movement allow for simultaneous machining, boosting efficiency without compromising accuracy.
- Cost-Effective for Production Runs: We keep initial setup costs low, making our CNC turning services cost-effective for all-sized production runs. Reduced material waste and efficient machining by our experts contribute to overall cost savings.
Applications for CNC Turned Parts From Roberson Machine Company
Whether your CNC turning project calls for bars, tubes, gears, knobs, pulleys, flanges, shafts, bushings, or other components, Roberson Machine Company is the place to turn. Call us right away at 573-646-3996 or contact us online to get a quote and to discuss how we can help in these sectors and more:
- Automotive – CNC turning can produce critical components for the automotive industry like shafts, pulleys, and connectors with precision and efficiency.
- Medical and Medical Devices – The medical industry benefits from our CNC turning services for parts used in the manufacturing of implants, surgical instruments, and other intricate medical devices.
- Aerospace – In the aerospace sector, where stringent tolerances are absolutely necessary, CNC turning is used for producing parts like turbine components and landing gear.
Reach Out to the CNC Turning Pros Today | Roberson Machine Company
When considering manufacturing methods for your project and the company to partner with, CNC turning at Roberson Machine Company should be at the top of your list, particularly for applications requiring precision, efficiency, and versatility in materials. We are able to choose the right machining service to meet your production targets on time and within budget. Collaborating with our skilled and experienced CNC turning specialists ensures that your part designs are translated into high-quality, accurate components that meet your specifications and help you achieve sustainable success.