Prototype Machining Detroit, MI
Prototype machining Detroit, MI. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To do it correctly the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Detroit that can not only make your designs come alive, but have specialists on staff that can also help refine the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping in a variety of industries. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our contract manufacturers are ready to support your product development initiatives.
Prototype Services Detroit
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development journey goes smoothly, which is why we meticulously oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many businesses turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part quickly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial process that can be used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Demonstrating the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and repairing potentially expensive design defects before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Detroit saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
What Detroit, MI Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Many Detroit, MI industries are cognizant of the benefits of prototype machining and use it to limit potential disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a large number of companies, of all sizes, to meet their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have worked with the following Detroit, MI industries and more develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the widespread adoption of “just-in-time” manufacturing, the automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool contracts with Detroit, MI automotive suppliers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in several different materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- Detroit, MI oil and energy firms have notable requirements for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the heavy pressure of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson meets these demands by excelling in machining prototypes using exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The Detroit, MI medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: after all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to market is truly the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often very small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in a large number of cases using exotic metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the special pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are eager to tackle the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our MI machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple MI industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, suggest design and technical improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Detroit, MI end product while reducing your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Detroit, MI
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, cutting away portions from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can produce flawless, quick parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, including:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very accurate and precise in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is ideal for getting the end-results to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on practically any machinable material, which includes many types of plastic substrates and metals. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate tools and dies, which helps diminish the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Detroit, MI | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.