Prototype Machining Louisville, KY
Prototype machining Louisville, KY. Prototyping is the first and most important step in an end-product’s journey from idea to shelf. To get it correctly the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Louisville that can not just bring your designs to life, but have specialists on staff that can also make revisions to the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping for a number of industries. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our contract manufacturers are ready to support your product development goals.
Prototype Services Louisville
We have a large factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development efforts go off without a hitch, which is why we carefully oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is Prototyping?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For example, many businesses turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part swiftly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is an advantageous practice that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with different colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and correcting potentially costly design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Louisville saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process may help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
Multiple Louisville, KY industries are cognizant of the benefits of prototype machining and utilize it to reduce potential disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a sizable number of companies, of all sizes, to realize their prototype manufacturing goals. We have worked with the following Louisville, KY industries and more develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the widespread adoption of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as quickly as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool works with Louisville, KY automotive manufacturers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in several different materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- Louisville, KY oil and energy firms have special demands for prototypes: they must be built to withstand the heavy pressure of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson meets these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Louisville, KY medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: after all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to consumers is quite literally the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often quite small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using rare metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. As well, the special pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are ready to take on the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our KY machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This history of prototype manufacturing for multiple KY industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of specialists can help you identify flaws in your product, suggest design and reliability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Louisville, KY finished product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Louisville, KY
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, cutting away bits from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very precise and accurate in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is ideal for getting the end-results to market quickly.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools are able to work with practically any material that is machinable, which includes many types of plastic substrates and metals. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate tools and dies, which helps reduce the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Louisville, KY | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.