Prototype Machining Lubbock, TX
Prototype machining Lubbock, TX. Creating a prototype is not just the first step, but probably one of the most important in the manufacturing process. To get it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Lubbock that can not just bring your designs to life, but have specialists at the ready that can also help refine the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping in a number of industries. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our contract manufacturers are prepared to support your product development goals.
Lubbock Prototype Services
We have a large factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development journey goes smoothly, which is why we painstakingly oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many businesses turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part quickly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial technique that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and repairing potentially expensive design defects before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Lubbock saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
What Lubbock, TX Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Many Lubbock, TX industries have recognized the advantages of prototype machining and utilize it to reduce potential disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a large number of companies, big and small, to achieve their prototype manufacturing goals. We have helped the following Lubbock, TX industries and more develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the advent of “just-in-time” manufacturing, the automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool partners with Lubbock, TX automotive firms ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to produce prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Lubbock, TX oil and energy firms have unique requirements for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the rigors of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson meets these demands by specializing in machining prototypes using exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The Lubbock, TX medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: after all, preventing defective parts from making it to market is quite literally the difference between life and death. Moreover, medical parts are often quite small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using exotic metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. As well, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are eager to take on the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our TX machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple TX industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our highly-trained team of machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, propose design and usability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Lubbock, TX finished product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Lubbock, TX
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, trimming away portions from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, such as:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is ideal for getting products to market faster.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools are able to work with virtually any material that is machinable, which includes many varieties of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate tools and dies, which helps reduce the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Lubbock, TX | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.