Prototype Machining San Antonio, TX
Prototype machining San Antonio, TX. From idea to shelf, prototyping is the first step to creating products primed for mass-production. To do it correctly the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in San Antonio that can not just bring your designs to life, but have specialists at the ready that can also help refine the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping in a variety of industries. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to support your product development initiatives.
Prototype Services San Antonio
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we carefully oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is a Prototype?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For example, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial process that is used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with different colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and correcting potentially costly design defects before reaching market
- Streamlining and improving upon the entire production process
In general, rapid prototyping in San Antonio saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In San Antonio, TX?
Multiple San Antonio, TX industries have recognized the benefits of prototype machining and utilize it to limit potential disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a sizable number of companies, big and small, to achieve their prototype manufacturing needs. We have worked with the following San Antonio, TX industries and others develop prototypes rapidly and within cost requirements:
- With the advent of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool contracts with San Antonio, TX automotive suppliers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to produce prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- San Antonio, TX oil and energy firms have notable requirements for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the heavy pressure of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson answers these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The San Antonio, TX medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: after all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to consumers is truly a matter of life and death. In addition, medical parts are often very small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using exotic metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are eager to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our TX machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This history of prototype manufacturing for multiple TX industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our highly-trained team of machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, suggest design and technical improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your San Antonio, TX end product while reducing your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in San Antonio, TX
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, shaving away portions from a piece of raw material in order to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can produce flawless, quick parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is invaluable towards getting the end-results to market faster.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools are able to work with virtually any machinable material, which includes many varieties of metal and plastic substrates. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me San Antonio, TX | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.