Prototype Machining Irving, TX
Prototype machining Irving, TX. Prototyping is the first and most important step in an end-product’s journey from idea to shelf. To get it right the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Irving that can not only make your designs come alive, but have specialists on staff that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a variety of businesses. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to help in your product development initiatives.
Irving Prototype Services
We have a large factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development journey goes smoothly, which is why we carefully oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is a Prototype?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part quickly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial practice that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and repairing potentially costly design defects before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Irving saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process can help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Irving, TX?
Multiple Irving, TX industries are well aware of the advantages of prototype machining and utilize it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a sizable number of companies, big and small, to realize their prototype manufacturing goals. We have assisted the following Irving, TX industries and others develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the widespread adoption of “just-in-time” manufacturing, the automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool works with Irving, TX automotive firms as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- Irving, TX oil and energy firms have special requirements for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the rigors of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson responds to these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Irving, TX medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: above all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to market is quite literally the difference between life and death. Moreover, medical parts are often very small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using exotic metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are ready to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our TX machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This history of prototype manufacturing for multiple TX industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, propose design and usability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Irving, TX end product while lowering your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Irving, TX
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, trimming away bits from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can produce quick, flawless parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, including:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely accurate and precise in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is invaluable towards getting products to market quickly.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools can work on practically any material that is machinable, which includes many kinds of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate dies and tools, which helps reduce the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Irving, TX | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.