Prototype Machining St. Charles, MO
Prototype machining St. Charles, MO. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To do it correctly the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in St. Charles that can not just make your designs come alive, but have specialists on staff that can also help refine the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping in a variety of businesses. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to support your product development goals.
St. Charles Prototype Services
We have a large factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development efforts go off without a hitch, which is why we painstakingly oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For example, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part swiftly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is a very beneficial technique that can be used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Identifying and repairing potentially costly design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
In general, rapid prototyping in St. Charles saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process can help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
Multiple St. Charles, MO industries are cognizant of the advantages of prototype machining and use it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a large number of companies, big and small, to realize their prototype manufacturing needs. We have helped the following St. Charles, MO industries and more develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the widespread adoption of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool partners with St. Charles, MO automotive firms ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to build prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- St. Charles, MO oil and energy firms have special demands for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the heavy pressure of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson meets these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The St. Charles, MO medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: above all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to market is quite literally the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often extremely small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in a majority of cases using exotic metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. As well, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are ready to tackle the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our MO machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple MO industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our highly-trained team of specialists can help you identify flaws in your product, suggest design and technical improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your St. Charles, MO end product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in St. Charles, MO
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, cutting away bits from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, such as:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is invaluable towards getting products to market faster.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on practically any machinable material, which includes many kinds of metal and plastic substrates. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate tools and dies, which helps diminish the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me St. Charles, MO | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.