Prototype Machining Albuquerque, NM
Prototype machining Albuquerque, NM. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To do it right the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Albuquerque that can not just make your designs come alive, but have specialists at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping in a number of industries. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to support your product development goals.
Albuquerque Prototype Services
We have a large factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is dedicated to ensuring your product development journey goes smoothly, which is why we meticulously oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For example, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part swiftly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is an advantageous process that is used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Exhibiting the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and repairing potentially costly design flaws before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Albuquerque saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process can help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
What Albuquerque, NM Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
A large number of Albuquerque, NM industries are cognizant of the benefits of prototype machining and utilize it to limit potential disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a large number of companies, both large and small, to achieve their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have worked with the following Albuquerque, NM industries and more develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the popularity of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry requires new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool works with Albuquerque, NM automotive suppliers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Albuquerque, NM oil and energy firms have special requirements for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the rigors of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson responds to these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The Albuquerque, NM medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: after all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to end users is truly the difference between life and death. In addition, medical parts are often extremely small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in a large number of cases using rare metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are eager to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our NM machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple NM industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of specialists can help you recognize flaws in your product, propose design and technical improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Albuquerque, NM finished product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Albuquerque, NM
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, cutting away bits from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, such as:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very accurate and precise in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is ideal for getting products to market faster.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools are able to work with practically any material that is machinable, which includes many types of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Albuquerque, NM | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.