Prototype Machining Chattanooga, TN
Prototype machining Chattanooga, TN. From idea to shelf, prototyping is the first step to creating products primed for mass-production. To do it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Chattanooga that can not only bring your designs to life, but have specialists on staff that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping in a variety of industries. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are prepared to support your product development initiatives.
Prototype Services Chattanooga
We have an expansive factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we carefully oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For example, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part swiftly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is an advantageous process that can be used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Exhibiting the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and fixing potentially expensive design defects before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the entire production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Chattanooga saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
Many Chattanooga, TN industries are well aware of the benefits of prototype machining and utilize it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a sizable number of companies, both large and small, to meet their prototype manufacturing goals. We have helped the following Chattanooga, TN industries and more develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the popularity of “just-in-time” manufacturing, the automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool contracts with Chattanooga, TN automotive suppliers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Chattanooga, TN oil and energy firms have special requirements for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the heavy pressure of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson meets these demands by specializing in machining prototypes using exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The Chattanooga, TN medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: after all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to market is quite literally a matter of life and death. As well, medical parts are often extremely small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly fabricate medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in a large number of cases using specialized metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. As well, the special pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are eager to take on the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our TN machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple TN industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our highly-trained team of machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, suggest design and usability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Chattanooga, TN end product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Chattanooga, TN
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, trimming away bits from a piece of raw material in order to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very accurate and precise in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is invaluable towards getting the end-results to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools are able to work with practically any machinable material, which includes many types of metal and plastic substrates. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps reduce the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Chattanooga, TN | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.