Prototype Machining Columbus, OH
Prototype machining Columbus, OH. Prototyping is the first and most important step in an end-product’s journey from idea to shelf. To get it right the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Columbus that can not only bring your designs to life, but have specialists on staff that can also help refine the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping in a variety of businesses. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our contract manufacturers are ready to support your product development goals.
Prototype Services Columbus
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development journey goes smoothly, which is why we painstakingly oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is Prototyping?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For example, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is a very beneficial process that can be used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Exhibiting the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Identifying and repairing potentially expensive design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Columbus saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process can help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Columbus, OH?
Multiple Columbus, OH industries are cognizant of the advantages of prototype machining and use it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a notable number of companies, both large and small, to meet their prototype manufacturing goals. We have helped the following Columbus, OH industries and more develop prototypes rapidly and within cost requirements:
- With the of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry requires new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool partners with Columbus, OH automotive manufacturers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in several different materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Columbus, OH oil and energy firms have unique demands for prototypes: they need to be made to withstand the rigors of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson responds to these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The Columbus, OH medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: after all, preventing defective parts from making it to end users is truly the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often very small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly fabricate medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using exotic metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the special pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are eager to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our OH machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This history of prototype manufacturing for multiple OH industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our highly-trained team of specialists can help you recognize flaws in your product, propose design and technical improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Columbus, OH end product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Columbus, OH
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, shaving away portions from a piece of raw material in order to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make quick, flawless parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, such as:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very accurate and precise in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is invaluable towards getting products to market faster.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on virtually any material that is machinable, which includes many varieties of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate tools and dies, which helps reduce the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Columbus, OH | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.