Prototype Machining in Alaska | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in Alaska. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To get it right the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Alaska that can not just bring your designs to life, but have engineers at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping in a number of businesses. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our contract manufacturers are prepared to support your product development goals.
Prototype Services Alaska
We have a large factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development journey goes smoothly, which is why we meticulously oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is Prototyping?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It is often used for engineer testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For example, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part quickly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is an advantageous technique that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and correcting potentially costly design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Alaska saves money, time, and hassle by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process can help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Alaska?
A large number of Alaska industries have recognized the advantages of prototype machining and use it to limit potential disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a notable number of companies, of all sizes, to achieve their prototype manufacturing needs. We have worked with the following Alaska industries and more develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the of “just-in-time” manufacturing, the automotive industry requires new parts to be developed as quickly as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool works with Alaska automotive manufacturers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to produce prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- Oil and energy firms have notable demands for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the heavy pressure of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson responds to these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Alaska medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: after all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to end users is truly a matter of life and death. In addition, medical parts are often quite small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in a majority of cases using exotic metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are ready to take on the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified Alaska machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple Alaska industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of engineers and machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, suggest design and reliability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Alaska end product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Alaska
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, trimming away bits from a piece of raw material in order to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely accurate and precise in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is invaluable towards getting products to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools are able to work with virtually any material that is machinable, which includes many types of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Alaska | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for prototyping, engineering, and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.