Prototype Machining Virginia Beach, VA
Prototype machining Virginia Beach, VA. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To get it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Virginia Beach that can not just make your designs come alive, but have specialists on staff that can also help refine the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping in a number of industries. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to support your product development initiatives.
Virginia Beach Prototype Services
We have a large factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we meticulously oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is a Prototype?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For example, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is a very beneficial process that is used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and repairing potentially costly design flaws before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Virginia Beach saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process can help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
Many Virginia Beach, VA industries are well aware of the advantages of prototype machining and utilize it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a notable number of companies, big and small, to realize their prototype manufacturing goals. We have worked with the following Virginia Beach, VA industries and more develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the advent of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry requires new parts to be developed as quickly as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool works with Virginia Beach, VA automotive suppliers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Virginia Beach, VA oil and energy firms have unique requirements for prototypes: they need to be made to withstand the rigors of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson answers these demands by specializing in machining prototypes using exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The Virginia Beach, VA medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: above all, preventing defective parts from making it to market is truly a matter of life and death. In addition, medical parts are often quite small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in a majority of cases using exotic metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the special pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are eager to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our VA machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple VA industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our highly-trained team of machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, propose design and reliability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Virginia Beach, VA end product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Virginia Beach, VA
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, cutting away portions from a piece of raw material in order to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can produce flawless, quick parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, including:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very precise and accurate in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is ideal for getting products to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on practically any material that is machinable, which includes many varieties of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate tools and dies, which helps reduce the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Virginia Beach, VA | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.