Prototype Machining Pittsburgh, PA
Prototype machining Pittsburgh, PA. From idea to shelf, prototyping is the first step to creating products primed for mass-production. To do it right the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Pittsburgh that can not only make your designs come alive, but have specialists at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a variety of businesses. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are prepared to help in your product development initiatives.
Pittsburgh Prototype Services
We have an expansive factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is dedicated to ensuring your product development efforts go off without a hitch, which is why we meticulously oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For example, many businesses turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part quickly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is an advantageous practice that is used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and repairing potentially costly design flaws before reaching market
- Streamlining and improving upon the entire production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Pittsburgh saves money, time, and hassle by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Pittsburgh, PA?
Multiple Pittsburgh, PA industries are well aware of the benefits of prototype machining and utilize it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a large number of companies, both large and small, to meet their prototype manufacturing goals. We have assisted the following Pittsburgh, PA industries and others develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry needs new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool contracts with Pittsburgh, PA automotive manufacturers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to build prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Pittsburgh, PA oil and energy firms have special demands for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the rigors of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson meets these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The Pittsburgh, PA medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: after all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to market is quite literally a matter of life and death. In addition, medical parts are often quite small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in a majority of cases using specialized metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the special pressures and characteristics of flight require parts made to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are eager to take on the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our PA machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple PA industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our highly-trained team of specialists can help you recognize flaws in your product, propose design and reliability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Pittsburgh, PA end product while lowering your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Pittsburgh, PA
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, trimming away portions from a piece of raw material in order to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, including:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very precise and accurate in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is invaluable towards getting the end-results to market faster.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on virtually any material that is machinable, which includes many varieties of metal and plastic substrates. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate tools and dies, which helps reduce the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Pittsburgh, PA | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.