Prototype Machining in New York | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in New York. From idea to shelf, prototyping is the first step to creating products primed for mass-production. To do it correctly the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in New York that can not just bring your designs to life, but have engineers at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a number of businesses. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our contract manufacturers are prepared to help in your product development goals.
New York Prototype Services
We have an expansive factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development efforts go smoothly, which is why we meticulously oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is a Prototype?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For example, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial practice that can be used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and repairing potentially expensive design defects before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
In general, rapid prototyping in New York saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process can help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
What New York Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
A large number of New York industries are cognizant of the advantages of prototype machining and use it to limit potential disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a large number of companies, big and small, to realize their prototype manufacturing needs. We have assisted the following New York industries and more develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the popularity of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry requires new parts to be developed as quickly as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool partners with New York automotive firms as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Oil and energy firms have notable demands for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the heavy pressure of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson answers these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The New York medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: above all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to end users is quite literally the difference between life and death. Moreover, medical parts are often quite small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in a large number of cases using specialized metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. As well, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are ready to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified New York machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple New York industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of engineers and machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, suggest design and usability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your New York end product while lowering your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in New York
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, shaving away bits from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can produce quick, flawless parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, including:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very accurate and precise in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is invaluable towards getting products to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on practically any machinable material, which includes many types of metal and plastic substrates. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate tools and dies, which helps reduce the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me New York | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for testing samples, engineering, and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.