Prototype Machining Jackson, MS
Prototype machining Jackson, MS. From idea to shelf, prototyping is the first step to creating products primed for mass-production. To do it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Jackson that can not only make your designs come alive, but have specialists on staff that can also help refine the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a variety of businesses. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our contract manufacturers are prepared to support your product development goals.
Jackson Prototype Services
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is dedicated to ensuring your product development efforts go smoothly, which is why we painstakingly oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is Prototyping?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial process that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and fixing potentially costly design defects before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Jackson saves money, time, and hassle by creating one product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Jackson, MS?
A large number of Jackson, MS industries are well aware of the advantages of prototype machining and utilize it to reduce potential disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a notable number of companies, both large and small, to achieve their prototype manufacturing goals. We have helped the following Jackson, MS industries and more develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the of “just-in-time” manufacturing, the automotive industry requires new parts to be developed as quickly as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool contracts with Jackson, MS automotive manufacturers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in several different materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- Jackson, MS oil and energy firms have special demands for prototypes: they must be built to withstand the rigors of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson answers these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Jackson, MS medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: after all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to end users is truly the difference between life and death. In addition, medical parts are often extremely small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly fabricate medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using specialized metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. As well, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are eager to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our MS machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This history of prototype manufacturing for multiple MS industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our highly-trained team of specialists can help you identify flaws in your product, propose design and reliability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Jackson, MS finished product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Jackson, MS
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, cutting away bits from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can produce flawless, quick parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely accurate and precise in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is ideal for getting the end-results to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on practically any material that is machinable, which includes many varieties of metal and plastic substrates. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Jackson, MS | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.