Prototype Machining Belleville, IL
Prototype machining Belleville, IL. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To do it correctly the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Belleville that can not only bring your designs to life, but have specialists on staff that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping for a number of industries. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our contract manufacturers are prepared to help in your product development goals.
Belleville Prototype Services
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is dedicated to ensuring your product development efforts go off without a hitch, which is why we meticulously oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is Prototyping?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For instance, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is a very beneficial process that is used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and fixing potentially costly design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Belleville saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process can help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
What Belleville, IL Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Multiple Belleville, IL industries are well aware of the benefits of prototype machining and use it to limit potential disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a sizable number of companies, big and small, to meet their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have assisted the following Belleville, IL industries and more develop prototypes rapidly and within cost requirements:
- With the advent of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry needs new parts to be produced as quickly as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool works with Belleville, IL automotive suppliers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Belleville, IL oil and energy firms have unique requirements for prototypes: they need to be made to withstand the heavy pressure of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson responds to these demands by excelling in machining prototypes using exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Belleville, IL medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: above all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to end users is truly the difference between life and death. Moreover, medical parts are often quite small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly fabricate medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in a large number of cases using rare metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are eager to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our IL machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple IL industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our highly-trained team of machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, suggest design and usability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Belleville, IL finished product while reducing your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Belleville, IL
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, trimming away portions from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can produce quick, flawless parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, such as:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is ideal for getting products to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools are able to work with virtually any machinable material, which includes many types of plastic substrates and metals. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate tools and dies, which helps diminish the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Belleville, IL | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.