Prototype Machining in Pennsylvania | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in Pennsylvania. Prototyping is the first and most important step in an end-product’s journey from idea to shelf. To do it right the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Pennsylvania that can not just make your designs come alive, but have engineers on staff that can also make revisions to the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping in a number of industries. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our contract manufacturers are prepared to help in your product development initiatives.
Pennsylvania Prototype Services
We have an expansive factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we carefully oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For instance, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part quickly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial technique that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with different colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and correcting potentially costly design defects before reaching market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Pennsylvania saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process can help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Pennsylvania?
Multiple Pennsylvania industries are well aware of the benefits of prototype machining and use it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a large number of companies, big and small, to meet their prototype manufacturing needs. We have assisted the following Pennsylvania industries and others develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the advent of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool partners with Pennsylvania automotive manufacturers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to build prototype parts in several different materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Oil and energy firms have notable requirements for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the heavy pressure of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson responds to these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The Pennsylvania medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: after all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to end users is quite literally the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often quite small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using rare metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. As well, the special pressures and characteristics of flight require parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are ready to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified Pennsylvania machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple Pennsylvania industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of engineers and machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, propose design and technical improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Pennsylvania finished product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Pennsylvania
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, cutting away bits from a piece of raw material in order to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very accurate and precise in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is ideal for getting the end-results to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on virtually any machinable material, which includes many kinds of plastic substrates and metals. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate tools and dies, which helps reduce the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Pennsylvania | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples, engineering, and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.