Prototype Machining Chandler, AZ
Prototype machining Chandler, AZ. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To do it correctly the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Chandler that can not only make your designs come alive, but have specialists at the ready that can also help refine the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping for a number of businesses. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our contract manufacturers are ready to help in your product development goals.
Prototype Services Chandler
We have a large factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development efforts go smoothly, which is why we meticulously oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is a Prototype?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial technique that is used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Identifying and fixing potentially costly design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Chandler saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
What Chandler, AZ Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
A large number of Chandler, AZ industries are well aware of the benefits of prototype machining and utilize it to limit potential disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a sizable number of companies, of all sizes, to meet their prototype manufacturing goals. We have assisted the following Chandler, AZ industries and more develop prototypes rapidly and within cost requirements:
- With the widespread adoption of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool works with Chandler, AZ automotive firms as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in several different materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Chandler, AZ oil and energy firms have notable demands for prototypes: they must be built to withstand the rigors of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson answers these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The Chandler, AZ medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: above all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to market is quite literally a matter of life and death. In addition, medical parts are often very small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly fabricate medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using rare metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are ready to tackle the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our AZ machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This history of prototype manufacturing for multiple AZ industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our highly-trained team of machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, propose design and technical improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Chandler, AZ finished product while reducing your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Chandler, AZ
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, cutting away portions from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely accurate and precise in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is ideal for getting products to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools are able to work with virtually any material that is machinable, which includes many varieties of metal and plastic substrates. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Chandler, AZ | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.