Prototype Machining Madison, WI
Prototype machining Madison, WI. Creating a prototype is not just the first step, but probably one of the most important in the manufacturing process. To do it correctly the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Madison that can not only make your designs come alive, but have specialists on staff that can also make revisions to the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping in a variety of businesses. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to support your product development initiatives.
Madison Prototype Services
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development journey goes smoothly, which is why we painstakingly oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is a Prototype?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For instance, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial technique that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with different colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Identifying and repairing potentially costly design defects before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Madison saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
What Madison, WI Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Multiple Madison, WI industries have recognized the benefits of prototype machining and utilize it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a large number of companies, of all sizes, to meet their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have helped the following Madison, WI industries and others develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the widespread adoption of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry needs new parts to be produced as quickly as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool contracts with Madison, WI automotive manufacturers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Madison, WI oil and energy firms have notable requirements for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the rigors of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson answers these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The Madison, WI medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: after all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to market is quite literally the difference between life and death. Moreover, medical parts are often very small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using specialized metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are eager to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our WI machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple WI industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of specialists can help you identify flaws in your product, propose design and usability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Madison, WI finished product while lowering your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Madison, WI
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, shaving away portions from a piece of raw material in order to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can produce flawless, quick parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, such as:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely accurate and precise in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is ideal for getting the end-results to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on practically any material that is machinable, which includes many kinds of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps reduce the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Madison, WI | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.