Prototype Machining Milwaukee, WI
Prototype machining Milwaukee, WI. From idea to shelf, prototyping is the first step to creating products primed for mass-production. To get it right the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Milwaukee that can not only bring your designs to life, but have specialists at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping in a number of industries. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our contract manufacturers are prepared to help in your product development goals.
Prototype Services Milwaukee
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development efforts go smoothly, which is why we meticulously oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is a Prototype?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For example, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is a very beneficial practice that is used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Identifying and repairing potentially costly design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Milwaukee saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Milwaukee, WI?
A large number of Milwaukee, WI industries are well aware of the advantages of prototype machining and use it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a large number of companies, big and small, to achieve their prototype manufacturing needs. We have assisted the following Milwaukee, WI industries and others develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as quickly as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool partners with Milwaukee, WI automotive suppliers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to produce prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- Milwaukee, WI oil and energy firms have unique demands for prototypes: they must be built to withstand the rigors of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson meets these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The Milwaukee, WI medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: above all, preventing defective parts from making it to market is quite literally the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often quite small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using specialized metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are ready to tackle the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our WI machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple WI industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of specialists can help you recognize flaws in your product, suggest design and reliability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Milwaukee, WI finished product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Milwaukee, WI
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, shaving away bits from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is ideal for getting products to market faster.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools can work on virtually any machinable material, which includes many varieties of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps reduce the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Milwaukee, WI | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.