Prototype Machining in New Jersey | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in New Jersey. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To get it right the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in New Jersey that can not only bring your designs to life, but have engineers at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping for a variety of businesses. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are prepared to help in your product development goals.
New Jersey Prototype Services
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development journey goes smoothly, which is why we carefully oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For example, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part swiftly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is a very beneficial process that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Identifying and correcting potentially expensive design flaws before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
In general, rapid prototyping in New Jersey saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
What New Jersey Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Multiple New Jersey industries have recognized the benefits of prototype machining and use it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a notable number of companies, big and small, to realize their prototype manufacturing goals. We have helped the following New Jersey industries and more develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool contracts with New Jersey automotive firms as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in several different materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Oil and energy firms have notable demands for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the rigors of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson responds to these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The New Jersey medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: after all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to market is truly a matter of life and death. In addition, medical parts are often quite small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in a large number of cases using specialized metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. As well, the special pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are ready to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified New Jersey machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple New Jersey industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our highly-trained team of engineers and machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, suggest design and technical improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your New Jersey finished product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in New Jersey
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, trimming away portions from a piece of raw material in order to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can produce quick, flawless parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very accurate and precise in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is invaluable towards getting products to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools are able to work with practically any machinable material, which includes many varieties of metal and plastic substrates. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate tools and dies, which helps diminish the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me New Jersey | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples, engineering, and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.