Prototype Machining Orlando, FL
Prototype machining Orlando, FL. From idea to shelf, prototyping is the first step to creating products primed for mass-production. To get it right the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Orlando that can not just make your designs come alive, but have specialists at the ready that can also help refine the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping in a variety of businesses. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our contract manufacturers are ready to help in your product development goals.
Orlando Prototype Services
We have an expansive factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is dedicated to ensuring your product development journey goes smoothly, which is why we meticulously oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For example, many businesses turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part quickly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is an advantageous practice that is used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and fixing potentially expensive design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the entire production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Orlando saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process may help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Orlando, FL?
A large number of Orlando, FL industries are well aware of the benefits of prototype machining and utilize it to reduce the chance of disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a notable number of companies, big and small, to achieve their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have helped the following Orlando, FL industries and others develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the popularity of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry requires new parts to be developed as quickly as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool works with Orlando, FL automotive suppliers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Orlando, FL oil and energy firms have notable demands for prototypes: they must be built to withstand the rigors of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson responds to these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The Orlando, FL medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: after all, preventing defective parts from making it to market is truly the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often quite small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using exotic metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are ready to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our FL machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple FL industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of specialists can help you identify flaws in your product, suggest design and technical improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Orlando, FL end product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Orlando, FL
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, cutting away bits from a piece of raw material in order to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make quick, flawless parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very accurate and precise in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is ideal for getting products to market quickly.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools can work on practically any material that is machinable, which includes many types of metal and plastic substrates. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate dies and tools, which helps reduce the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Orlando, FL | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.