Prototype Machining Anaheim, CA
Prototype machining Anaheim, CA. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To get it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Anaheim that can not just bring your designs to life, but have specialists on staff that can also help refine the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping in a variety of businesses. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are prepared to help in your product development initiatives.
Anaheim Prototype Services
We have a large factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we carefully oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is a Prototype?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For example, many businesses turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is an advantageous technique that can be used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Identifying and repairing potentially costly design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the entire production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Anaheim saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
A large number of Anaheim, CA industries are cognizant of the benefits of prototype machining and use it to reduce the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a notable number of companies, of all sizes, to meet their prototype manufacturing goals. We have worked with the following Anaheim, CA industries and more develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the widespread adoption of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as quickly as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool works with Anaheim, CA automotive manufacturers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to produce prototype parts in several different materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- Anaheim, CA oil and energy firms have unique requirements for prototypes: they must be built to withstand the heavy pressure of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson meets these demands by specializing in machining prototypes using exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Anaheim, CA medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: after all, preventing defective parts from making it to end users is truly a matter of life and death. As well, medical parts are often quite small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in a large number of cases using specialized metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. As well, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts made to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are eager to take on the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our CA machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This history of prototype manufacturing for multiple CA industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, propose design and technical improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Anaheim, CA finished product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Anaheim, CA
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, shaving away bits from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make quick, flawless parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, such as:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very accurate and precise in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is invaluable towards getting the end-results to market quickly.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools can work on virtually any machinable material, which includes many types of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Anaheim, CA | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.