Prototype Machining in Tennessee | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in Tennessee. From idea to shelf, prototyping is the first step to creating products primed for mass-production. To get it right the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Tennessee that can not only bring your designs to life, but have engineers at the ready that can also help refine the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping in a number of businesses. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are prepared to support your product development initiatives.
Prototype Services Tennessee
We have a large factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we meticulously oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is a Prototype?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It is often used for engineer testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For example, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is an advantageous process that is used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Identifying and correcting potentially expensive design flaws before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Tennessee saves money, time, and hassle by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
What Tennessee Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Multiple Tennessee industries have recognized the advantages of prototype machining and use it to reduce the chance of disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a notable number of companies, both large and small, to meet their prototype manufacturing goals. We have worked with the following Tennessee industries and more develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the popularity of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry needs new parts to be produced as quickly as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool works with Tennessee automotive suppliers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in several different materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Oil and energy firms have special demands for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the heavy pressure of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson meets these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Tennessee medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: above all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to consumers is truly the difference between life and death. Moreover, medical parts are often very small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using specialized metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are ready to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified Tennessee machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This history of prototype manufacturing for multiple Tennessee industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of engineers and machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, suggest design and technical improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Tennessee end product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Tennessee
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, trimming away portions from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make quick, flawless parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely accurate and precise in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is invaluable towards getting products to market quickly.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools can work on virtually any material that is machinable, which includes many kinds of plastic substrates and metals. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate dies and tools, which helps reduce the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Tennessee | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for testing samples, engineering, and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.