Prototype Machining in North Dakota | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in North Dakota. From idea to shelf, prototyping is the first step to creating products primed for mass-production. To do it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in North Dakota that can not just make your designs come alive, but have engineers at the ready that can also help refine the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping in a variety of industries. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to support your product development initiatives.
Prototype Services North Dakota
We have a large factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development efforts go smoothly, which is why we painstakingly oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is a Prototype?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For instance, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial practice that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and repairing potentially expensive design defects before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in North Dakota saves money, time, and hassle by creating one product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
What North Dakota Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
A large number of North Dakota industries are well aware of the advantages of prototype machining and use it to reduce potential disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a sizable number of companies, of all sizes, to meet their prototype manufacturing needs. We have assisted the following North Dakota industries and more develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the widespread adoption of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry requires new parts to be developed as quickly as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool partners with North Dakota automotive suppliers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Oil and energy firms have special requirements for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the rigors of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson answers these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The North Dakota medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: after all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to end users is quite literally a matter of life and death. As well, medical parts are often quite small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in a large number of cases using specialized metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. As well, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are ready to take on the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified North Dakota machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple North Dakota industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of engineers and machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, propose design and technical improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your North Dakota finished product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in North Dakota
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, trimming away bits from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is ideal for getting products to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on virtually any machinable material, which includes many varieties of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me North Dakota | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for prototyping, engineering, and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.