Prototype Machining Nashville, TN
Prototype machining Nashville, TN. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To get it right the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Nashville that can not just make your designs come alive, but have specialists at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping for a variety of businesses. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are prepared to help in your product development goals.
Prototype Services Nashville
We have an expansive factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is dedicated to ensuring your product development efforts go smoothly, which is why we painstakingly oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is a Prototype?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For example, many businesses turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is a very beneficial process that is used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Identifying and fixing potentially expensive design flaws before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Nashville saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process may help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
What Nashville, TN Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Many Nashville, TN industries are well aware of the advantages of prototype machining and use it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a large number of companies, of all sizes, to realize their prototype manufacturing needs. We have assisted the following Nashville, TN industries and others develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the popularity of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry needs new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool works with Nashville, TN automotive manufacturers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to build prototype parts in several different materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Nashville, TN oil and energy firms have unique demands for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the heavy pressure of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson answers these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The Nashville, TN medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: after all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to consumers is truly the difference between life and death. Moreover, medical parts are often extremely small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in a majority of cases using rare metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are ready to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our TN machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple TN industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, propose design and reliability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Nashville, TN finished product while lowering your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Nashville, TN
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, trimming away portions from a piece of raw material in order to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make quick, flawless parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is ideal for getting the end-results to market faster.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools are able to work with virtually any machinable material, which includes many kinds of plastic substrates and metals. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps reduce the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Nashville, TN | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.