Prototype Machining Norman, OK
Prototype machining Norman, OK. Creating a prototype is not just the first step, but probably one of the most important in the manufacturing process. To do it right the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Norman that can not just bring your designs to life, but have specialists at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping in a number of businesses. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our contract manufacturers are ready to help in your product development goals.
Prototype Services Norman
We have an expansive factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development efforts go off without a hitch, which is why we carefully oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is a Prototype?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For example, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is a very beneficial technique that is used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Exhibiting the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and repairing potentially costly design flaws before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Norman saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
Many Norman, OK industries have recognized the benefits of prototype machining and utilize it to limit potential disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a notable number of companies, of all sizes, to realize their prototype manufacturing goals. We have helped the following Norman, OK industries and more develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the popularity of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as quickly as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool contracts with Norman, OK automotive suppliers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in several different materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Norman, OK oil and energy firms have notable demands for prototypes: they need to be made to withstand the rigors of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson responds to these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The Norman, OK medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: above all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to end users is quite literally the difference between life and death. In addition, medical parts are often quite small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using specialized metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. As well, the special pressures and characteristics of flight require parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are ready to take on the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our OK machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple OK industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, suggest design and usability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Norman, OK end product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Norman, OK
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, shaving away bits from a piece of raw material in order to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can produce quick, flawless parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, such as:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very accurate and precise in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is invaluable towards getting products to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools are able to work with practically any machinable material, which includes many varieties of metal and plastic substrates. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate tools and dies, which helps reduce the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Norman, OK | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.