Prototype Machining Memphis, TN
Prototype machining Memphis, TN. Prototyping is the first and most important step in an end-product’s journey from idea to shelf. To do it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Memphis that can not just bring your designs to life, but have specialists at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping for a variety of businesses. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are prepared to help in your product development goals.
Prototype Services Memphis
We have a large factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is dedicated to ensuring your product development journey goes smoothly, which is why we meticulously oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is an advantageous practice that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and fixing potentially costly design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Memphis saves money, time, and hassle by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Memphis, TN?
Many Memphis, TN industries are cognizant of the advantages of prototype machining and use it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a notable number of companies, of all sizes, to achieve their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have worked with the following Memphis, TN industries and others develop prototypes rapidly and within cost requirements:
- With the of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry requires new parts to be developed as quickly as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool contracts with Memphis, TN automotive suppliers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in several different materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- Memphis, TN oil and energy firms have notable requirements for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the heavy pressure of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson responds to these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The Memphis, TN medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: after all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to end users is quite literally the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often extremely small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using rare metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the special pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are eager to tackle the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our TN machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple TN industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, suggest design and technical improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Memphis, TN finished product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Memphis, TN
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, shaving away portions from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is invaluable towards getting the end-results to market faster.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools are able to work with virtually any material that is machinable, which includes many types of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate tools and dies, which helps diminish the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Memphis, TN | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.