Prototype Machining in New Mexico | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in New Mexico. Creating a prototype is not just the first step, but probably one of the most important in the manufacturing process. To get it right the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in New Mexico that can not only bring your designs to life, but have engineers at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a variety of businesses. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our contract manufacturers are ready to support your product development goals.
New Mexico Prototype Services
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is dedicated to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we meticulously oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is a Prototype?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It is often used for engineer testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many businesses turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is an advantageous technique that is used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Demonstrating the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Identifying and repairing potentially expensive design defects before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the entire production process
In general, rapid prototyping in New Mexico saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process can help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
Many New Mexico industries have recognized the advantages of prototype machining and use it to reduce potential disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a large number of companies, both large and small, to meet their prototype manufacturing needs. We have assisted the following New Mexico industries and others develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the popularity of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool contracts with New Mexico automotive manufacturers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Oil and energy firms have unique demands for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the rigors of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson responds to these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The New Mexico medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: above all, preventing defective parts from making it to consumers is quite literally the difference between life and death. In addition, medical parts are often extremely small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using exotic metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. As well, the special pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are ready to take on the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified New Mexico machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple New Mexico industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our highly-trained team of engineers and machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, propose design and usability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your New Mexico end product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in New Mexico
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, shaving away portions from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make quick, flawless parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, such as:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very precise and accurate in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is invaluable towards getting the end-results to market faster.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools can work on practically any material that is machinable, which includes many varieties of plastic substrates and metals. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate dies and tools, which helps reduce the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me New Mexico | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for prototyping, engineering, and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.