Prototype Machining in Arizona | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in Arizona. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To get it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Arizona that can not only bring your designs to life, but have engineers at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping in a number of businesses. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are prepared to help in your product development goals.
Prototype Services Arizona
We have a large factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we carefully oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Variety of capabilities such as extrusion, bending, folding, stamping, welding, cutting, spinning, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Both complex and simple part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For instance, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is an advantageous process that is used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and fixing potentially costly design defects before reaching market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Arizona saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process can help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Arizona?
Many Arizona industries have recognized the advantages of prototype machining and use it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a large number of companies, big and small, to realize their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have worked with the following Arizona industries and more develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the advent of “just-in-time” manufacturing, the automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool partners with Arizona automotive suppliers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to build prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Oil and energy firms have unique demands for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the rigors of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson meets these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Arizona medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: above all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to end users is truly a matter of life and death. As well, medical parts are often extremely small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in a majority of cases using rare metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. As well, the special pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are ready to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified Arizona machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple Arizona industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of engineers and machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, suggest design and technical improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Arizona end product while reducing your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Arizona
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, trimming away portions from a piece of raw material in order to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is invaluable towards getting products to market quickly.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools can work on practically any material that is machinable, which includes many varieties of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate tools and dies, which helps diminish the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Arizona | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for testing samples, engineering, and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.