Prototype Machining in Colorado | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in Colorado. Prototyping is the first and most important step in an end-product’s journey from idea to shelf. To get it right the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Colorado that can not just make your designs come alive, but have engineers on staff that can also make revisions to the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping for a variety of businesses. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our contract manufacturers are ready to help in your product development goals.
Prototype Services Colorado
We have an expansive factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development journey goes smoothly, which is why we painstakingly oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For instance, many businesses turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part swiftly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is a very beneficial technique that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with different colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of dimension, shape, quality, and size
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Identifying and correcting potentially expensive design defects before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Colorado saves money, time, and hassle by creating one product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process may help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
What Colorado Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Multiple Colorado industries are cognizant of the benefits of prototype machining and use it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a notable number of companies, both large and small, to achieve their prototype manufacturing goals. We have assisted the following Colorado industries and more develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the popularity of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry needs new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool partners with Colorado automotive suppliers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to build prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Oil and energy firms have unique requirements for prototypes: they must be built to withstand the rigors of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson meets these demands by excelling in machining prototypes using exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The Colorado medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: above all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to consumers is truly a matter of life and death. Moreover, medical parts are often very small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in a large number of cases using rare metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts built to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are eager to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified Colorado machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple Colorado industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of engineers and machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, suggest design and technical improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Colorado end product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Colorado
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, shaving away portions from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, such as:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely accurate and precise in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is invaluable towards getting products to market quickly.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools are able to work with practically any machinable material, which includes many types of metal and plastic substrates. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate tools and dies, which helps diminish the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Colorado | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for prototyping, engineering, and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.