Prototype Machining Tulsa, OK
Prototype machining Tulsa, OK. Creating a prototype is not just the first step, but probably one of the most important in the manufacturing process. To get it right the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Tulsa that can not only make your designs come alive, but have specialists on staff that can also make revisions to the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping for a number of industries. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to help in your product development goals.
Tulsa Prototype Services
We have an expansive factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is dedicated to ensuring your product development efforts go smoothly, which is why we carefully oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is a Prototype?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is a very beneficial technique that is used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with different colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Identifying and fixing potentially expensive design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Tulsa saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process can help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
What Tulsa, OK Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Many Tulsa, OK industries are cognizant of the benefits of prototype machining and utilize it to limit potential disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a notable number of companies, of all sizes, to meet their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have assisted the following Tulsa, OK industries and more develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry requires new parts to be developed as fast as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool works with Tulsa, OK automotive manufacturers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Tulsa, OK oil and energy firms have notable demands for prototypes: they need to be made to withstand the heavy pressure of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson meets these demands by excelling in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Tulsa, OK medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most exacting tolerances in the machining industry: after all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to consumers is truly the difference between life and death. Moreover, medical parts are often quite small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports mandated by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in a majority of cases using specialized metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our veteran technicians are ready to tackle the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our OK machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple OK industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, propose design and technical improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Tulsa, OK finished product while lowering your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Tulsa, OK
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, shaving away portions from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can produce quick, flawless parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, such as:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely accurate and precise in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is invaluable towards getting products to market faster.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools are able to work with practically any material that is machinable, which includes many kinds of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate dies and tools, which helps reduce the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Tulsa, OK | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is an ideal solution for product developers who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.