Prototype Machining in Mississippi | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in Mississippi. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To do it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Mississippi that can not just make your designs come alive, but have engineers on staff that can also help refine the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping for a variety of businesses. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are prepared to help in your product development initiatives.
Mississippi Prototype Services
We have an expansive factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development efforts go off without a hitch, which is why we meticulously oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is a Prototype?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For instance, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part quickly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial process that is used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Exhibiting the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with differing colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and fixing potentially expensive design flaws before reaching market
- Streamlining and improving upon the entire production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Mississippi saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process can help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Mississippi?
Many Mississippi industries are well aware of the benefits of prototype machining and use it to reduce potential disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a large number of companies, big and small, to meet their prototype manufacturing needs. We have helped the following Mississippi industries and others develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry needs new parts to be produced as quickly as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool partners with Mississippi automotive suppliers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to build prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Oil and energy firms have notable requirements for prototypes: they must be built to withstand the heavy pressure of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson answers these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Mississippi medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: after all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to end users is quite literally the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often quite small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using exotic metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are ready to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified Mississippi machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple Mississippi industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of engineers and machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, propose design and reliability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Mississippi finished product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Mississippi
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, trimming away bits from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can produce quick, flawless parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is ideal for getting products to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on practically any material that is machinable, which includes many varieties of metal and plastic substrates. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate tools and dies, which helps diminish the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Mississippi | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for testing samples, engineering, and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.