Prototype Machining in Washington | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in Washington. Creating a prototype is not just the first step, but probably one of the most important in the manufacturing process. To get it right the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Washington that can not just make your designs come alive, but have engineers on staff that can also make revisions to the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping for a variety of industries. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to support your product development goals.
Prototype Services Washington
We have a large factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development efforts go off without a hitch, which is why we carefully oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is Prototyping?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For instance, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is an advantageous process that is used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Demonstrating the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and fixing potentially expensive design flaws before reaching market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Washington saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
What Washington Industries Benefit From Prototype Machining?
Multiple Washington industries are well aware of the advantages of prototype machining and utilize it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a notable number of companies, both large and small, to achieve their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have helped the following Washington industries and others develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool works with Washington automotive firms as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Oil and energy firms have unique demands for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the rigors of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson meets these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as brass, alloy steel, and even plastics.
- The Washington medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: above all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to consumers is truly the difference between life and death. In addition, medical parts are often extremely small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with highly technical geometries and dimensions, and in many cases using rare metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are ready to take on the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified Washington machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple Washington industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our expert team of engineers and machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, suggest design and technical improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Washington finished product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Washington
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, shaving away bits from a piece of raw material in order to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is invaluable towards getting products to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on practically any machinable material, which includes many varieties of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New products often go through many moderations and iterations to improve upon the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Washington | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for prototyping, engineering, and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.