Prototype Machining Glendale, AZ
Prototype machining Glendale, AZ. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To do it correctly the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Glendale that can not just make your designs come alive, but have specialists at the ready that can also make revisions to the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping in a variety of businesses. No matter the design complexity, if you can think it up, we can help make it a reality! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to support your product development goals.
Glendale Prototype Services
We have a large factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development efforts go smoothly, which is why we carefully oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is a Prototype?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For instance, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part quickly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is an advantageous practice that can be used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and fixing potentially expensive design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Glendale saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Glendale, AZ?
Multiple Glendale, AZ industries have recognized the advantages of prototype machining and use it to reduce potential disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a notable number of companies, big and small, to meet their prototype manufacturing goals. We have worked with the following Glendale, AZ industries and others develop prototypes rapidly and within cost requirements:
- With the popularity of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as quickly as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool partners with Glendale, AZ automotive manufacturers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to build prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- Glendale, AZ oil and energy firms have notable demands for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the rigors of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson answers these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made of exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Glendale, AZ medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: after all, preventing defective parts from making it to market is quite literally the difference between life and death. Moreover, medical parts are often extremely small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly fabricate medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in a large number of cases using exotic metals that can withstand high temperatures and altitude. As well, the special pressures and characteristics of flight require parts made to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are eager to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our AZ machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple AZ industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, propose design and usability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Glendale, AZ finished product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Glendale, AZ
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, trimming away portions from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can produce flawless, quick parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very accurate and precise in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is invaluable towards getting products to market faster.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools can work on practically any machinable material, which includes many kinds of plastic substrates and metals. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Can easily change design – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Glendale, AZ | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.