Prototype Machining Garland, TX
Prototype machining Garland, TX. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To do it right the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Garland that can not only bring your designs to life, but have specialists on staff that can also help refine the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a number of businesses. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are prepared to help in your product development goals.
Prototype Services Garland
We have an expansive factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we carefully oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we understand the importance of moving a finished prototype to production as quickly as possible in order to keep the assembly line humming. Once the prototypes design has been approved, we can easily transition it to our in-house production side. We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is a Prototype?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It is often used for testing or as the first step within the mass-production process. For example, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to create a physical part quickly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is an advantageous practice that can be used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of quality, size, dimension, and shape
- Testing the market with your product before production
- Finding and fixing potentially expensive design flaws before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the entire production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Garland saves time and money by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process can help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Garland, TX?
Many Garland, TX industries are cognizant of the benefits of prototype machining and use it to limit the chance of disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a sizable number of companies, both large and small, to meet their prototype manufacturing requirements. We have assisted the following Garland, TX industries and more develop prototypes efficiently and under budget:
- With the advent of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry needs new parts to be produced as quickly as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool partners with Garland, TX automotive firms ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to build prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Garland, TX oil and energy firms have notable demands for prototypes: they need to be built to withstand the heavy pressure of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson meets these demands by excelling in machining prototypes using exotic materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- The Garland, TX medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: after all, ensuring that defective parts do not make it to market is quite literally the difference between life and death. As well, medical parts are often very small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers require parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in a majority of cases using specialized metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the special pressures and characteristics of flight require parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are eager to tackle the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our TX machine shop is devoted to delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple TX industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, propose design and reliability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Garland, TX finished product while reducing your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Garland, TX
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take it from there, shaving away portions from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can make quick, flawless parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for prototyping, such as:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is invaluable towards getting the end-results to market quickly.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools are able to work with practically any material that is machinable, which includes many kinds of plastic substrates and metals. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate tools and dies, which helps diminish the initial investment costs and lead time for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Garland, TX | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for prototyping and testing samples. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.