Prototype Machining in Kentucky | CNC Prototyping
Prototype machining in Kentucky. Prototyping is an essential step in taking your product from idea to shelf. To do it right the first time around, you should choose a prototype machine shop in Kentucky that can not only make your designs come alive, but have engineers on staff that can also help refine the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we are a leader in rapid prototyping for a variety of businesses. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are prepared to help in your product development goals.
Kentucky Prototype Services
We have a large factory floor with mills, lathes, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development efforts go smoothly, which is why we painstakingly oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services we offer:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is a Prototype?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For instance, many clients turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part swiftly in order to validate a design or capture a sales opportunity.
Prototyping is a very beneficial technique that is used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and repairing potentially expensive design flaws before reaching market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Kentucky saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before having to invest in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process may help your company realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Utilizes Prototype Machining In Kentucky?
A large number of Kentucky industries are well aware of the advantages of prototype machining and use it to reduce the chance of disruptions in the development cycle. Roberson Machine Company has successfully worked with a notable number of companies, of all sizes, to realize their prototype manufacturing goals. We have worked with the following Kentucky industries and others develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the of “just-in-time” manufacturing processes, the automotive industry needs new parts to be produced as quickly as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool partners with Kentucky automotive manufacturers ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to build prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered affordably and on time.
- Oil and energy firms have notable requirements for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the rigors of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson answers these demands by specializing in machining prototypes using exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The Kentucky medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: above all, preventing defective parts from making it to market is quite literally the difference between life and death. In addition, medical parts are often quite small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly produce medical part prototypes of any size, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers need parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in a majority of cases using rare metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. Moreover, the special pressures and characteristics of flight require parts built to strict tolerance and design standards. Our highly-trained technicians are ready to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our ISO 9001:2015-certified Kentucky machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the optimal standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple Kentucky industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of engineers and machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, propose design and reliability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Kentucky end product while lowering your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Kentucky
There are many different methods that can be used to create your prototypes, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, input that data into a computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, shaving away portions from a piece of raw material in order to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of the cuts which, in turn, means that you can produce quick, flawless parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, such as:
- More accurate – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very accurate and precise in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Faster – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is ideal for getting products to market quickly.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools can work on practically any material that is machinable, which includes many kinds of plastic substrates and metals. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate tools and dies, which helps diminish the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. Altering digital instructions is simple and only takes a few minutes with CNC machining.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Kentucky | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for testing samples, engineering, and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.