Prototype Machining Oklahoma City, OK
Prototype machining Oklahoma City, OK. Prototyping is the first and most important step in an end-product’s journey from idea to shelf. To do it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Oklahoma City that can not only make your designs come alive, but have specialists on staff that can also make revisions to the product to make it even better.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping in a variety of industries. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our team of contract manufacturing professionals are ready to support your product development goals.
Prototype Services Oklahoma City
We have an expansive factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines for all of your precision CNC prototype needs. The entire staff at Roberson Machine Company is devoted to ensuring your product development efforts go smoothly, which is why we carefully oversee all designing, programming, and fabricating to make sure every last detail meets your standards.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! We want to be your one-stop machine shop for all prototyping services.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Variety of capabilities such as welding, extrusion, stamping, folding, bending, spinning, cutting, etc.
- Variety of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
What is Prototyping?
A prototype is a first-attempt physical model of a product that’s made through a special manufacturing process like CNC machining. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For example, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to build a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial process that is used for:
- Showing customers and investors a physical model of your product in as little amount of time as possible
- Demonstrating the appearance, dimensions, and features of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing textures, colors, and finishes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and repairing potentially expensive design defects before reaching market
- Improving and streamlining the whole production process
In general, rapid prototyping in Oklahoma City saves money, time, and hassle by creating a single run of a product that can be tested and optimized to peak performance before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to learn more about how this process can help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
Multiple Oklahoma City, OK industries are cognizant of the benefits of prototype machining and utilize it to reduce potential disruptions in the development phase. Roberson Machine Company has successfully partnered with a large number of companies, both large and small, to achieve their prototype manufacturing goals. We have helped the following Oklahoma City, OK industries and more develop prototypes rapidly and within cost requirements:
- With the advent of the “just-in-time” manufacturing process, the automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as quickly as possible and in any size production run. Roberson Tool partners with Oklahoma City, OK automotive firms ranging from small custom shops to well-known OEMs to produce prototype parts in a variety of materials, delivered quickly and within costs.
- Oklahoma City, OK oil and energy firms have unique demands for prototypes: they must be built to withstand the heavy pressure of underground pipeline burial, mining, and refining. Roberson meets these demands by excelling in machining prototypes using exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The Oklahoma City, OK medical industry requires parts to be developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: after all, preventing defective parts from making it to consumers is quite literally the difference between life and death. In addition, medical parts are often extremely small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company has in our shop the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with intricate geometries and dimensions, and in a majority of cases using specialized metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. In addition, the unique pressures and characteristics of flight require parts made to strict tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are ready to tackle the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our OK machine shop is driven to deliver aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This track record in prototype manufacturing for multiple OK industries makes Roberson Machine Company a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our experienced team of machinists can help you recognize flaws in your product, propose design and reliability improvements, and otherwise improve the quality of your Oklahoma City, OK finished product while reducing your R&D costs.
Reasons to Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Oklahoma City, OK
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is by far the most effective. Short for computer numerical control, CNC allows you to digitally design your product, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, shaving away portions from a piece of raw material to create a desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make flawless, quick parts the first time AND every time thereafter. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, including:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are extremely precise and accurate in order to create parts with tolerances sometimes as tight as +.05 mm.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine can typically create one part in a matter of minutes, which is invaluable towards getting products to market faster.
- Different materials to choose from – CNC machine tools are able to work with practically any machinable material, which includes many types of plastic substrates and metals. Product developers can then test different materials to see which is best for their application.
- Fixed tooling is not necessary – CNC machined parts do not require the use of separate dies and tools, which helps reduce the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Oklahoma City, OK | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need fast-turnaround and high-quality parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your needs are fully addressed, your designs are crafted to perfection, and the final product is delivered to you on time.