Prototype Machining Olathe, KS
Prototype machining Olathe, KS. From idea to shelf, prototyping is the first step to creating products primed for mass-production. To get it correctly the first time around, you need to work with a prototype machine shop in Olathe that can not only bring your designs to life, but have specialists on staff that can also make revisions to the product to improve upon it.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in rapid prototyping in a number of businesses. If you can dream it, we have the capabilities to make it a reality—no matter the complexity! Our contract manufacturers are prepared to help in your product development goals.
Olathe Prototype Services
We have an expansive factory floor with lathes, mills, and EDM machines to meet your CNC prototyping expectations. The entire team at Roberson Machine Company is committed to ensuring your product development journey goes off without a hitch, which is why we painstakingly oversee the entire design, fabrication, and programming process to make sure every last detail is perfect.
Finally, we know how important it is to move a completed prototype to production so that it can get on the market as soon as possible. Once you’re completely satisfied with a product’s final design, we can transition it easily and efficiently into production, all in-house! This allows us to be your one-stop shop for prototyping services of all kinds.
CNC prototyping services offered at Roberson Machine Company:
- Both simple and complex part geometries
- Tight tolerances (as tight as 0.0001” inches for some parts)
- Variety of materials, such as aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Variety of capabilities, such as stamping, extrusion, bending, cutting, spinning, folding, welding, etc.
What is a Prototype?
Prototyping uses specialized manufacturing techniques, such as CNC machines, to create high-quality physical models of a design idea. It can be used for many purposes and is usually the first step in the mass-production of a product. For example, many companies turn to Roberson Machine Company to produce a physical part swiftly in order to capture a sales opportunity or validate a design.
Prototyping is a very beneficial technique that is used for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Generating multiple separate versions of the product with different colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Ensuring that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Finding and correcting potentially costly design defects before reaching market
- Streamlining and improving upon the whole production process
Overall, rapid prototyping in Olathe saves money, time, and hassle by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in thousands of units. Contact us to see how this process may help your business realize a variety of cost savings.
Who Uses Prototype Machining?
Multiple Olathe, KS industries are cognizant of the benefits of prototype machining and use it to reduce potential disruptions in the development process. Roberson Machine Company has successfully contracted with a notable number of companies, both large and small, to meet their prototype manufacturing goals. We have worked with the following Olathe, KS industries and more develop prototypes quickly and efficiently:
- With the advent of “just-in-time” manufacturing, the automotive industry needs new parts to be developed as quickly as possible and in any quantity. Roberson Tool contracts with Olathe, KS automotive manufacturers as small as local custom shops and as large as OEM manufacturers to produce prototype parts in multiple materials, delivered on time and within budget.
- Olathe, KS oil and energy firms have notable requirements for prototypes: they must be made to withstand the heavy pressure of refining, mining, and underground burial. Roberson answers these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made from exotic materials such as alloy steel, plastics, and brass.
- The Olathe, KS medical industry mandates that parts are developed to some of the most precise tolerances in the machining industry: above all, making sure that defective parts do not make it to market is quite literally a matter of life and death. Moreover, medical parts are often very small and intricate in design. Roberson Machine Company is proud to use the latest 5-axis CNC machining tools that can not only rapidly fabricate medical part prototypes no matter the dimensions, but also provide process and tracking reports needed by the FDA.
- Aerospace manufacturers demand parts with specialized geometries and dimensions, and in a large number of cases using rare metals that do not deform at high temperatures and altitude. As well, the special pressures and characteristics of flight necessitate parts built to exacting tolerance and design standards. Our experienced technicians are ready to take on the challenges of aerospace prototype manufacturing, and our KS machine shop is focused on delivering aerospace manufacturers parts built to the highest standard of quality.
This experience in prototype manufacturing for multiple KS industries allows Roberson Machine Company to be a true partner throughout the manufacturing process. Our highly-trained team of machinists can help you identify flaws in your product, propose design and usability improvements, and otherwise build on the quality of your Olathe, KS end product while reducing your R&D costs.
Why Use CNC Machining for Rapid Prototyping in Olathe, KS
Prototyping can use a variety of methods to complete projects, but CNC machining is far and away one of the most effective. Also known as computer numerical control, CNC allows you to design a product digitally, program the design data into the computer, and let the CNC machine take care of the rest, cutting away bits from a piece of raw material to create the desired end-shape.
Using computers improves the efficiency of cuts and virtually eliminates human error which, in turn, means that you can make quick, flawless parts both the first time and every time afterwards. There are so many other reasons to choose CNC for your prototype, such as:
- More precise – Computer-controlled machines use modern cutters that are very accurate and precise in order to create parts with very tight tolerances.
- Quicker – Modern CNC machine tools work with sophisticated computer programs that can convert files into finished parts within a matter of hours, which is ideal for getting products to market faster.
- Many different materials to work with – CNC machine tools are able to work with practically any machinable material, which includes many types of metal and plastic substrates. This is a great advantage to product developers who want to test from one different material to the next.
- No fixed tooling necessary – CNC machined parts do not need to use separate dies and tools, which helps diminish the lead time and initial investment costs for new product development.
- Easy to modify – New product development often requires a series of improvements and modifications to the original design. With CNC machining, you can easily alter digital instructions as many times as necessary.
Prototype Manufacturing Near Me Olathe, KS | Roberson Machine Company
CNC machining is used by many businesses who need high-quality and quick parts in small volumes for testing samples and prototyping. When you choose Roberson Machine Company, we will work with you at every point to ensure that your designs are crafted to perfection on time and that all of your needs are met.