Prototyping Norfolk, VA
Prototyping Norfolk, VA. Have you been seeking a reliable supplier of prototyped parts through the quickness and proficiency of CNC machining near Norfolk, VA? With hundreds of CNC machines run by an experienced staff of machinists, the Roberson Machine Company in-house capacity making sure your prototyping is delivered to Norfolk, VA on-time, every single time.
At Roberson Machine Company, we specialize in prototyping for numerous businesses and customers near Norfolk, VA. If you can dream it or draw it up we possess the capabilities to make it real, several times over and in different materials, if necessary. Our skilled staff of specialists is prepared to get started on your prototyping plans. Send us a quick note to get a instant pricing on our CNC prototyping for you in Norfolk, VA.
Our CNC machining service is a great option for prototyping in Norfolk, VA, utilizing an array of affordable metal alloys — like aluminum 6061 or stainless steel 303 — as well as firm plastics such as Delrin acetal, along with the speed and precision of our talented machinists.
What Are the Benefits of Prototyping in Norfolk, VA?
Prototyping using CNC machining is advantageous in creating high-quality physical models of a design idea. Prototyping is normally the first step in the mass production of a product. Many Norfolk, VA customers seek out Roberson Machine Company for prototyping projects in Norfolk, VA for:
- Showcasing the physical model of a product to investors and customers in a relatively short amount of time
- Exhibiting the appearance, features, and dimensions of your product
- Creating multiple separate versions of the product with differing colors, surface textures, and finishing processes
- Making sure that all parts are standardized in terms of size, shape, dimension, and quality
- Testing the product on the market before bringing it to full production
- Identifying and repairing potentially expensive design flaws before it ever touches the market
- Streamlining and improving upon the entire production process
In addition to prototyping, Roberson Machine Company provides our customers near Norfolk, VA with the following services:
- Aluminum Parts Manufacturer
- CNC Services
- Component Manufacturing
- 3D Printing Services
- OEM Automotive
- Medical Device Manufacturing
- Contract Manufacturing Companies
- Production Machining and Milling
- Precision CNC Machining
Who Uses Prototyping?
Prototyping is an ideal solution for companies near Norfolk, VA in a number of industries who require top-notch parts in specified volumes under tight deadlines. We have recently helped the following industries with rapid prototyping utilizing our CNC machining:
- The automotive industry requires new parts to be produced as fast as possible and in set quantities, particularly when utilizing Just in Time manufacturing in Norfolk, VA. Our specialists build prototype parts in a wide range of materials for several different automotive industry customers near Norfolk, VA.
- Our Norfolk, VA customers in the medical industry mandate that parts are developed to some of the most demanding tolerances in the machining industry: after all, preventing defective parts from making it to market is quite literally the difference between life and death. In addition, medical parts are often very small and complicated in design. Roberson Machine Company is equipped with the latest 5 axis CNC machining tools that can not only quickly produce medical part prototypes regardless of size, but also provide process and tracking reports required by the FDA.
- Norfolk, VA oil and energy industry firms have unique demands for prototypes: they must be built to withstand the rigors of mining, refining, and potentially being buried underground. Roberson responds to these demands by specializing in machining prototypes made from materials such as plastics, brass, and alloy steel.
- Our customers in the aerospace industry require prototyped parts with highly technical geometrical dimensions, as well as using rare metals that will not deform or warp at high temperatures and altitudes. Our knowledgeable machinists are ready to tackle the unique demands of aerospace prototyping near Norfolk, VA.
Our track record in prototyping for multiple industries allows us to be a true partner throughout your manufacturing process in Norfolk, VA. Using our CNC prototyping service is a great choice for high quality, ISO 9001:2015 certified parts. With our endless options of prototyping solutions, Roberson Machine Company is your one-stop shop. You can also get your prototyped parts delivered right to your door in Norfolk, VA, without the hassle of sourcing, project management, logistics, or shipping. Call us now today at 573-646-3996 or contact us online to discuss your options.
Why Should I Use CNC Machining for Prototyping In Norfolk, VA?
There are many methods that can be used to create prototyping near Norfolk, VA, but CNC machining at Roberson Machine Company is the most effective. CNC machining allows you to design a product digitally, program the data into the computer using software, and let our CNC machine take care of the rest. Using CNC eliminates human error and improves the efficiency of prototyping which, in turn, means we can make flawless, quick parts the first time and every time. There are a variety of other reasons to choose CNC machining for your prototyping needs near Norfolk, VA, including:
- Fixed Tooling is Not Necessary
- Easily Modify
- Different Materials to Choose From
A CNC machine runs on a set of CAD and CAM programmed code. The CAD software designs the models and assemblies that the CAM software translates into G-code and M-code that drive the CNC machine’s tools to turn those designs into physical parts.
The only tools necessary for prototyping using CNC machining are the metal cutting inserts used in the spindles of our mills and lathes. Different shapes and sizes of cutting inserts or blades are useful for various functions whatever material is required for your Norfolk, VA prototyping, and these can be swapped out in our machines almost instantaneously.
Not having to spend time swapping out parts or changing machines for prototyping cuts down on costs. Roberson Machine Company passes along those savings to you in Norfolk, VA. Call us at 573-646-3996 or reach out to request a quote.
In our machine shop, we consistently achieve tolerances of 0.005” for our longer production runs, or we rely on changing the machine if we run a tighter tolerance. For shorter runs, we can cut as precise as 0.001,” or about a fourth the width of a human hair.
Setting things in stone is for the Stone Age. At Roberson Machine Company, we believe in adaptation when the job — and most importantly the Norfolk, VA customer — calls for it. Prototyping often requires adjusting, modifying, or completely rehauling the original design. This is simple to do with our CNC machines, where our specialists only need a few seconds and a few keystrokes to alter G-code.
Easy modifications are especially attractive for our customers near Norfolk, VA, allowing them the chance to test several different iterations and immediately see the results. Tweaking G-code and making refined adjustments for prototyping in the moment greatly reduces time and costs.
Our CNC machines are apathetic to what they are cutting. Our Norfolk, VA customers use a variety of materials for prototyping, depending upon their industry. A lot of our customers near Norfolk, VA want to look over prototypes in a range of materials. CNC machining supplies a huge benefit here. An identical design can be prototyped in rigid plastic, aluminum, or steel, for example, with very few adjustments made to the speed and feed of the machine doing the cutting. In addition to softer, lighter metals like magnesium and brass we utilize many materials for prototyping, including:
Prototyping | Roberson Machine Company
Prototyping saves time and money by creating one product that can be tested and improved upon before investing in a full production run of thousands of units in Norfolk, VA. Roberson Machine Company can help you and your company realize a variety of cost savings. We concentrate on utilizing CNC machining for prototyping for a mixture of Norfolk, VA customers in a variety of industries. We’d enjoy doing the same for you.